Monday, January 12, 2009

Making and keeping New Years resolutions- saving my online earnings

I made a few New Years resolutions for 2009. Normally I don't make any resolutions so this is a big deal for me!
The first resolution I made was that this year I will try to save as much of my online earnings as possible to use for Christmas and maybe birthdays. Some of the sites I belong to only give out gift cards and merchandise as prizes and those are the ones I am mainly focusing on for saving. On the sites where I earn cash only I will try to save it in my Paypal account but will use that for bills if it becomes necessary. Over the past few years when I have earned points or whatever I have immediately redeemed them for whatever gifts I could get. Sites like Gather and MyPoints gift some great gift cards and I like to spoil myself sometimes! It's hard to just leave the points there to accumulate when you could get a $10 Olive Garden gift card or a $25 Target gift card and use it right away. But now I am going to leave it alone. Or at least try to leave it alone more than I have in the past!
I have been successful so far but it is only January. I have enough points at Swag Bucks to get a $5 Amazon.com or $5 Starbucks gift card but I am not going to redeem it. I am about 200 points away from a $10 MyPoints gift card and will be there probably in about 2 weeks or so. I will NOT be redeeming it right away! I am getting close to cashing out at a few different sites and I am going to try my hardest to keep everything in my account and save it.

I'll keep an update so everyone (including ME) can see how I am doing. I seem to do a better job when I keep track like this. Wish me luck!

No comments: